header logo

Roshan Bibi: A Story of Unwavering Courage and Survival in the Face of Chaos

Roshan Bibi: A Story of Unwavering Courage and Survival in the Face of Chaos

(Photo Credit: Geo)


Bibi Roshan, a symbol of unshakable strength, held firm in the face of a hail of gunfire that broke the peace. Six wounds bore witness to her bravery, yet she defended her family with an indomitable spirit, a beacon of courage in the midst of chaos. Her selflessness, a bold symphony, portrayed a vision of love that transcended personal harm. Her unshakable resolve and selfless instincts in the face of danger transformed a nightmare into a testament of perseverance, showing the enduring power of human fortitude.



Following a catastrophic bus assault in Pakistan, one woman's bravery in the face of chaos and fear glowed magnificently, inspiring hope and resilience. Bibi Roshan, a mother of two, emerged as a pillar of strength during an hour of fear when armed men opened fire on a bus carrying 45 passengers. Roshan survived six bullet wounds but refused to succumb to the misery that threatened to consume her and her family in an unthinkable survival story.



The journey that began with hopes of starting over in Karachi quickly turned into a nightmare on the Karakoram Highway. The calm of the bus ride was disturbed when the attackers struck near Chilas town. Roshan's instincts kicked in amid the rush of gunfire and commotion, turning a regular journey into a battle for survival.



Her husband, Shah Bulbul, recalled the horrors of that terrible evening, when Roshan's quick thinking and selflessness served as a shield for their family. She safeguarded their two small children from harm while ignoring her own injuries. Her unflinching courage and commitment to protect her family in the midst of the chaos were nothing short of amazing.




The narrative of that frightening hour offers a vivid picture of terror and uncertainty, with Bulbul clutching his children closely while his wife covered them from the hail of bullets. Roshan's remarks, encouraging her husband to prioritize their children's safety despite her own mortality, epitomize selflessness.



Thoughts of impending calamity loomed large as the bus careened along the rough terrain. Bulbul's account of the commotion perfectly captures the passengers' dread and despair. With sectarian violence raging in the region, there was a lingering worry of a worse conclusion. Roshan's care for her children's well-being in the midst of such impending peril demonstrates her courage and perseverance in the most trying of situations.



In the midst of the darkness and uncertainty, luck and local assistance were critical to their survival. The shortage of resources in the isolated, mountainous region added to the difficulty, but a stroke of luck—a relative working as a nurse—helped arrange the blood needed for Roshan's surgery. Her survival despite such odds, as well as the subsequent surgeries, are testaments to her fortitude and the crucial community support she received.



The trip to Karachi was meant to be a fresh start, an escape from economic troubles for this family. They had no idea how their lives would be turned upside down. Despite this, Roshan's bravery has been a guiding light in the face of hardship, providing them with a second opportunity at life.



Bulbul's appreciation and admiration for his wife's bravery are obvious. His praise for her selflessness and strength, describing it as nothing short of a miracle, hits home. Theirs is a narrative of hope in the midst of misery, a monument to the strength of human perseverance and the unbreakable spirit that refuses to give up even in the darkest of times.



In the aftermath of this heinous crime, Bibi Roshan has become a symbol of fortitude and resilience, a monument to the tenacity of the human spirit. Her bravery in the face of hardship serves as a reminder of the strength that exists inside us, even in the face of insurmountable odds. Her narrative is a monument to the unbreakable human spirit, inspiring hope and confirming our faith in the human capacity for courage and selflessness.


Source: ALJAZEERA: Link


"Phenomenal Woman," by Maya Angelou


(a poem celebrating the courage and strength of a woman)


Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size

But when I start to tell them,

They think I’m telling lies.

I say,

It’s in the reach of my arms,

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That’s me.



I walk into a room

Just as cool as you please,

And to a man,

The fellows stand or

Fall down on their knees.

Then they swarm around me,

A hive of honey bees.

I say,

It’s the fire in my eyes,

And the flash of my teeth,

The swing in my waist,

And the joy in my feet.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.



Phenomenal woman,

That’s me.



Men themselves have wondered

What they see in me.

They try so much

But they can’t touch

My inner mystery.

When I try to show them,

They say they still can’t see.

I say,

It’s in the arch of my back,

The sun of my smile,

The ride of my breasts,

The grace of my style.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That’s me.



Now you understand

Just why my head’s not bowed.

I don’t shout or jump about

Or have to talk real loud.

When you see me passing,

It ought to make you proud.

I say,

It’s in the click of my heels,

The bend of my hair,

the palm of my hand,

The need for my care.

’Cause I’m a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That’s me.


Source POETRY FOUNDATION


Link

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.