header logo

Peregrination Through the Haunted Hamlet (Poems)

Peregrination Through the Haunted Hamlet (Poems)


Prologue: Peregrination

Peregrination, the act of roaming and traveling without a definite destination, has been a defining characteristic of Pakistan’s turbulent history. Yet, in recent times, this journey has evolved into a perilous trek over irregular and anarchic terrain. The suffering of Pakistan’s people is ongoing, and system dissatisfaction and hopelessness are rising. Pakistan, despite its rich cultural heritage and resilient people, is currently experiencing a crisis that threatens to upend its social system. As they navigate these difficult times, the people of the nation can only pray that their journeys will ultimately lead them to a better future.


De Profundis!

Peregrination Through the Haunted Hamlet (Poems)

De Profundis, a letter to the founding father

From a common Pakistani, full of pain and sorrow

Overawed by fears, caught in despair

Crushed under the burdens of woes that we bear

Weary of the unceasing betrayals, here we stand

Disillusioned, forgotten, and cast away from the land

Burning in the inferno of anguish and agony

By those at the helm of affairs, who revel in their tyranny

In the upper echelons of power, they reign supreme

Their acts matter to us, but we no longer matter to them

Reducing us to a variable out of the equation, alas!

Everything around us is in a state of flux

Slipping into the abyss of chaos, we've lost half of our home

No signs of remorse on their grim, ghastly faces, nor volte-face!

And we are the ones to bear the brunt of the onslaught

Of the unfortunate outcome of their flaws

Every now and then, a new Nero is presented as a hero

To act as our savior in the arena of politics

Who blames his predecessors and makes tall claims

Painting a rosy picture of a promised land, a bright future ahead

He issues sermons from the tall pulpit of a huge palace

Pretending to be an angel, a visionary, a Plato!

Wanting more sacrifice from us every time

For the sake of our beloved motherland!

Then exits the leader with the minstrels

And takes refuge on a haven far away, across the sea

Blaming, foaming and frothing against the ALIENS!

The invisible forces, THE BIG BROTHER(S) of Orwell's 1984

Lo and behold! here comes a new liberator

With new promises of CHANGE- another DEJA VU!

With the same old, hollow, empty, deceitful promises

We feel strayed, lost, abandoned and duped

Feeling as if we are voyaging on a rudderless ship

Whose Captain(s) do not know, or maybe they

Have forgotten which harbor they were going to make!

The ship of our destiny never docks, it never arrives at a dock!

Leaving us stranded in a quagmire of CATCH-22!

We cry out for change, for justice and for hope

But in this land of corruption, our cries go unheard, we mope.

Blues Poem


When I lose the door keys.

That's the blues.

When I fumble and falter,

That's the blues.

When I am irrational, whimsical, and capricious,

That's the blues.

When I am unable to reciprocate good deeds,

That's the blues.

When I  lack conviction and lose self-esteem,

That's the blues.

When I doubt my resilience to rise again,

That's the blues.

When I consign my self to fate,

That's the blues.


Hiking( five senses poem)


I go on long walks to the top of the hills

 To see the refreshing sheet of greenery, a feast for my eyes

Humming with tweets and chirping of birds, serving as melodious music for my ears

Filled with the intoxicating aroma of bushes, a peculiar smell charming to smell

The trees laden with delicious fruits, I so relish their wild taste

I touch the lush green grass with the soles of my feet

and run my fingers through the green leaves of grass

As I walk on the slopes of the hills!


Raging Roar


The raging roar, voice of dominance,

Resonates, echoes, dominance immense,

In iron cages, where silence sleeps,

Whispers breed fear, in heart's keep.


In towers tall, shadows loom,

Scripted tales cast an eerie gloom,

Streets of dread, where dreams dissolve,

Suppressed screams, life's unresolved.


Feeble souls, weary beings,

Famished faces, sorrowful beings,

Pondering plight in endless night,

Seeking light in shades of blight.


Within domes of power's might,

Sobs echo through the day and night,

A silent plea, a prayer deep,

When will true freedom finally seep?


Amidst anguish, woes, and wails,

Hope endures as chaos trails,

At city gates, a question awaits,

State's purpose: freedom's fates?


Mourning in the Desert   


Lifeless sands, barren and bleak

Echoes of sobs and mournful shrieks

Helpless cries in the wilderness

Tears flow freely in their distress

A desert void of water and green

Only lamentation can be seen

No one to hear their anguished pleas

No protection or security to ease!


The Constitution’s Knock 


The silence of the night shattered by the complaint of tears,

the locked doors opened by the persisting voice.

The torn constitution took shape as a question in court,

demanding the attention of the justices.

Hearing the cry, the just ones promised

to listen to the constitution's plea.

May the just ones keep their word,

and grant the constitution a hearing in court.

With the silence broken, hope awakened

that one day, my highest judge

will honor my cries and wails

and give me the respect of a hearing.

That I too may await the constitution's guarantee,

that my protector and my judge

will grant me my rights,

give me a place according to the constitution's decree.

That my existence may persist,

and my suffering be eased one day.


The Collapse of Institutions 

 

When institutions falter, nations fall,

For order and stability, they're the backbone of all,

Without their strength, chaos prevails and progress stalls.

Nations crumble when institutions fail.

They serve as the foundation for all order and stability,

Without them, chaos rules and development stagnates.

Nations crumble, people stumble,

Caving in to anarchy's reign,

Shattering society, demolishing democracy's fane.



Optimistic Orisons

May this new year bring joyful moments,

Granting audacity to seize opportunities.

As we venture into the unknown realm,

Let prudence be our steadfast guide.

May compassion shape our creed,

Kindness our daily deed,

Living in dignity and grace,

In peace, comfort, and solace.


The Unwavering Spirit of Resilience


From the banks of The Mighty River to the Punjabi plains, I am tenacious.


From the hamlet on the island to the oasis in the desert, I prosper where others toil.


Like George Floyd, I fight for what's right and refuse to submit to oppression.


I may have grown up in a small cabin, but I am a formidable opponent.


I will fight for the principles of liberty, equality, and fraternity(liberté, égalité, fraternité) for I believe in them.


I am one of the many survivors who never give up.


From the Bolan Pass to Khyber, I am a fighter.


From the village to the city, I rise because I am unstoppable.


No matter what challenges life throws at me, I am unbreakable.


I have no fear, and I refuse to be silent.


I am a symbol of humanity everywhere and the personification of resiliency.


Liberté, égalité, fraternité!


Hope Amidst Chaos: Building a Better Pakistan

          

Pakistan, a nation divided,

In turmoil, its people misguided,

Each faction pursuing its own goal,

Leaving the country in an endless hole.

Amidst the chaos and despair,

Hope still lingers in the air,

For nations have endured such plight,

And emerged stronger, in the light.

So let us not lose our sight,

Of a future that's shining bright,

And work together, hand in hand,

To build a better motherland.

Let's join hands and work as one,

For a brighter future to come.

Building a better Pakistan,

Together we can surely can.

With unity as our guiding light,

We'll overcome every fight.

Hand in hand, we'll pave the way,

Toward a better tomorrow, come what may.


Unbreakable Spirit: Defying Limitations and Embracing Freedom

Your will to restrain me

Your motives to have me shackled.

Your admonition to keep my mouth shut

Your suspicion that I become insolent

My highness, master, and ruler!

I am aware that my brazenness will shatter your delicate nature.

What can I do but not relent?

For a very long time, I have lived in the shadow of your fear.

With a smile on my face, I endured oppression. 

Generation after generation sings your praises.

Have no more energy to bear your weight at this time.

Your restriction, your directive, and this royal decree

My body no longer trembles!

Please free me from this prison of your hubris.

Proclaim equality right now to usher in a new era.


 I'm from...

I am from the land of hard work and dreams,

Where hope springs eternal, and resilience gleams.

Born in a shack, where the sun shone through,

I fought to rise and make my dreams come true.

I come from the soil of Punjab, rich and fertile,

Where the Mighty Indus flows, relentless and agile.

My family lived on an island, where the river split,

A haven for survival, where we learned to grit.

I stand with the oppressed, the tyrannized, and the weak,

Mai Jindan, George Floyd, their stories I seek.

I believe in Liberté, égalité, fraternité,

A world where justice, equality, and love hold sway.

I am among the millions who love a good cup of tea,

A simple pleasure that fills our hearts with glee.

I am a struggle, a symbol of hope and determination,

A reflection of the human spirit's endless inspiration.

I am Riaz 


Such moments occur in my life!


Such moments sometimes occur in my life

When time stops and the world stalls

When the moonlight does not enter my room

My days are dull and filled with gloom

My weary eyes search for light

The thick dark curtains start falling off

And a thousand moons appear on the horizon

Flooding it with a peaceful light

The night sky shines so bright and clear

My heart feels a sense of calm and cheer

The darkness is lifted and I can see

The beauty that surrounds me and be free

The world seems new and full of hope

My worries and fears slowly begin to cope

I am reminded that darkness is just a phase

And the light will always find its ways

Such moments are a reminder to me

That in life, there's always something to see

The light will always break through the dark

And in my heart, it will always leave its mark.


I wish I were a child again!


I wish I were a child again

With innocence in my eyes

And wonder in my heart

As I looked up at the skies

I want to be a child again

With carefree days ahead

And laughter in my voice

As I danced and played in bed

I wish I were a child again

With no worries or regrets

Just living in the moment

And not worrying about debts

I want to be a child again

With innocence in my heart

And the world full of magic

And a brand new place to start

But though the years have passed

And childhood is now gone

The memories will always stay

And in my heart, forever live on.


Exploring Cinquains: Verses in Motion


Torment

Agony,

Struggles, endurance,

Challenges, harshness, relentless,

Anguishing, relentless ordeal,

Tears.


Politico's Pursuit

Pesky,

Politico,

Seeking potent power,

Intrigue amidst perplexity,

Ploying.


Imran Khan

Tiger,

Captain fighter,

Cricketing, leading, transforming,

Now confined, restrained, incarcerated,

Jailed.


Benazir

Leader, 

Champion bold, 

Putting a heroic fight, 

Defending the oppressed people,

Martyr.


Stifled Souls

Spectral,

Subdued haven,

The shadowed settlement,

Silenced, sepulchral stifled souls,

Stranded.

Silent Settlement

The storm,

Roaring, surging,

Over the horizon,

Grasping with its ferocious might,

Hope strained.

Haunted Hamlet

Eerie,

Queer ambiance,

Haunting the hamlet,

Deep shadows of  despair,

Enshroud.

Secluded Soul

Lonely,

Isolated,

Somber, Solemn, Silent,

Soul swirling in seclusion's grip,

Isolated.

Desert Dawn's Draught

Wee hours,

A cool breeze descends,

Gentle wafts whisper softly,

Turning vast deserts into ice,

Morning.

Translations


“Great Woman”


If a thousand men in your love throng,

In them Rasool Hamza shall stand strong.

If a hundred hearts for you bleed,

Rasool Hamza’s heart for you will beat.

If suitors pine for you ten, 

Rassol Hamza’s love remain even then.

If just one soul love you true,

Rasool Hamza will be there for you. 

When no one is left by whom you are desired ,

Remember, Rasool Hamza in mountains expired.

Note: This poem is a translated version of Rasool Hamza's original composition. The poem expresses great love and devotion, the solitary presence of Rasool Hamza's affection in multitudes, even in isolation.


ہر ویلے تاںگھاں یار دیاں میں تاں بیٹھی کانگ اُڈاراں


آپ ونجاں کہ میں قاصد بھیجاں میرا تھی گئیا حال بیماراں


غلام فریدا میں تاں ایویں وچھڑی جیویں وچھڑی آں کونج قطاراں


English:

"Every time I sit alone, I feel the pang of separation,

You left me, and now I am in a state of illness.

O Ghulam Farida, I am like a bird separated from its flock,

Living alone, like a crane in a group of crows."


DAR LAGDA E SHAKIR BARSHAAN TUN --ASAN ARZI NAQSH DIVARAN DE


ڈر لگدا اے شاکر برشاں توں

آساں عارضی نقش دیواراں دے


تیری بارشوں سے ڈرتا ہے دل میرا

دیواروں پر ہم نقش بناتے ہیں عارضی


(Dar lagda ae Shakir barshaan tun,

Asaan arzi naqsh deewaran de)

Translation:

I'm scared of your rain, O Shakir,

We’re ephemeral sketches on the walls.

Shakir Shuja Abadi

شاکر شجاع آبادی

Saraiki Poet


اساں اجڑے لوک مقدراں دے

ویران نصیب دا حال نہ پچھ


شاکر شجاع آبادی


We're the forlorn souls, destiny's decree,

Ask not of our desolate destiny.


توں شاکر آپ سیانا ایں

ساڈا چہرہ پڑھ حالات نہ پچھ


شاکر شجاع آبادی


You, the wise discerning soul,

Read my visage, don't pry my dole.


تیڈے شاکر شہر کوں چھوڑ ڈتم

تیڈے شہر دے ہر ہک شخص روائے


شاکر شجاع آبادی


O Shakir, I left your town behind,

Each soul there made my tears unwind.



ساکوں بال کے شاکر ہتھ سیکیں

اساں راہ دے کَکھ تیڈے کم اساں


شاکر شجاع آبادی


Warm your hands with our blazing plight,

We're dry grass aiding your road's night.


ڈ ر لگداۓ شاکر بارشاں توں ڈ ر

اساں عارضی نقش دیواراں دے

شاکر شجاع آبادی

O Shakir, we fear the rains' embrace,

Transient sketches on walls, our place.


جڈوں رات کُو ہر کوئی سم ویندے

میں درد لکھینداں کاغذ تے

شاکر شجاع آبادی


When every soul succumbs to sleep's domain,

I scribe my anguish on paper's plane.


آ زندگی تیکوں راہ لاواں

ھُنڑ سنجڑ پُرانڑے نئیں ولدے

شاکر شجاع آبادی


Life, I bid thee farewell, on your destined course,

As friends departed, never to return; remorse.


O life, I'll guide you to your destined track,

Old friends won't return, they won't look back.


میڈے سفراں دی تفصیل نا پچھ

کدی اُٹھدا ہاں کدی ڈھے پونداں

شاکر شجاع آبادی

Don't pry into my journey's trails, I plea, 

At times I rise, at times I fall, helplessly.


The details of my travels bear uneven weight,

Sometimes I rise, sometimes in pits, I wait.


Entranced; Transfixed!

Uth Shah Hussaina vekh le, assi badli baithe phais

Sadi jind namani kookdi, assan rull gaye vich pardes

Sada har dum ji kurlaunda, sadi neer vagave akh

Assan jeundi jaane mar gaye, sada madhu hoya vakh

Sanu sapp samay da dangda, sanu pal pal charhda zehar

Sade andar bele khauf de, sade jangal ban gaye shehar

Assan shoh ghaman vich dubday sadi rurr gayi nau patwar

Sade bolan te pabandian sade sirr latkay talwar

Assan naina de khu gair ke, keeti vattar dil di paun

Ae banjar rahi namanri, sanu sajjan teri saoun

Assan utton shant japde, sade andar laggi jang

Sanu chup chapeeta vekh ke, paye aakhan lok malang

Assan khubbe gham de khobray, sade lammay ho gaye kais

Paa tanay banay sochde, assan bunde rehnde khais

The English translation aligned with each line of the Punjabi text:

"Uth Shah Hussaina vekh le, assi badli baithe phais

O King Hussain, look at us, we sit here transformed and transfixed!

Sadi jind namani kookdi, assan rull gaye vich pardes

Our poor lives wailing in a sepulchral tone, stranded in a foreign land.

Sada har dum ji kurlaunda, sadi neer vagave akh

Every moment, our heart cries in anguish, and our eyes flow with tears.

Assan jeundi jaane mar gaye, sada madhu hoya vakh

We are living dead; our essence has changed!

Sanu sapp samay da dangda, sanu pal pal charhda zehar

We face the venom of time, poison fills each moment.

Sade andar bele khauf de, sade jangal ban gaye shehar

Fear resides within us, our cities have turned into forests.

Assan shoh ghaman vich dubday sadi rurr gayi nau patwar

We drown in deep sorrow, we've lost our boat, and oars.

Sade bolan te pabandian sade sirr latkay talwar

Our lips are sealed, and Democles' sword is hanging over our heads.

Assan naina de khu gair ke, keeti vattar dil di paun

Wells of tears spring from our eyes, (trying to touch their hearts!).

Ae banjar rahi namanri, sanu sajjan teri saoun

This barren path remains, we swear by you.

Assan utton shant japde, sade andar laggi jang

We seem quiet, but battles rage within us.

Sanu chup chapeeta vekh ke, paye aakhan lok malang

Seeing us silent and still, people think of us as (Malang/spiritually lost) mad, or insane.

Assan khubbe gham de khobray, sade lammay ho gaye kais

We are sinking in marches of deep sorrow; our hair has grown long.

Paa tanay banay sochde, assan bunde rehnde khais

In the maze of thoughts, we keep weaving a shawl of existence.

"O King Hussain, see our altered state as we sit here, entranced! Our lives lament in a foreign land, resonating with sorrowful tones. Every second, our hearts scream, and tears flow from our eyes. We exist as the living dead, with our essence transformed. Every passing second poisons us with the venom of time. Fear penetrates our cities, transforming them into wild forests. Drenched in grief, our boat with its oars has been lost, and the sword hangs above us. Lips sealed, under immediate threat, tears fill up in our eyes, seeking empathy. This barren trail survives as a solemn oath to you. Inner struggles rage on, despite the seeming silence. People misinterpret our quietness as insanity. Our hair grows long as we sink into the marshes of mourning. Amidst tangled ideas, we continue to weave our shawl of existence.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.